Captain America - The Avenger

I wanted to like this movie as I like superhero movies– but I can’t quite bring myself to say that I liked it.  Captain America was “born” in war time, 1942, when the world was fighting against the Nazis.  The war wasn’t going good and America needed to invent a stronger, better soldier – so they made Captain America!  Captain America, also known as Steve Rogers, is a 90 pound weakling of a man whom they injected with an experimental drug and was turned into a lean, mean fighting machine with a heart for justice and liberty!  That said – the reason I didn’t like this film was because I thought, that the “bad” guy was too comic bookish and the weapons he was using to destroy the world were too futuristic for the time.  I’ve seen a lot of superhero movies and the things I like about them are that they are fighting against evil in their time element.  This one just seemed like a stretch to be fighting against machines that really didn’t exist in that time.  I also didn’t like the ending.  They set the ending up to prelude into a new superhero movie coming out this spring, The Avengers. (This movie will include, Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, and Captain America).  So was this movie done to promote the new movie?  For me, this movie just wasn’t that “super” and left me with the blahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment