A Star Is Born

Rated R
2 hours 16 minutes
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott

I loved this movie!  I like Bradley Cooper in most roles and Lady Gaga is starting to grow on me, but this was as good as I’ve seen them.  They were both great and had amazing chemistry together!  This is the fourth release of this movie going all the way back to 1937, though this is the only one I’ve watched.  The story isn’t all that original – a veteran singer helps a young newcomer on the scene gain some attention and turns her into a star.  Also, they fall in love and get married, but eventually he goes back to battling his old demons of drugs and alcohol trying to make everything work.  As she becomes more popular, his career and stardom are fading, which makes for a lot of tension all around!  It all felt very genuine and real and made me care about the characters and their lives.  It was exactly what I like in a movie and I can’t wait to watch it again!

Library Link: A Star Is Born (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment