Into the Wild

Have you ever dreamed of just leaving your current life behind and starting a new one?  That is exactly what Christopher McCandless does in this movie – completely!  I had been wanting to watch Into the Wild for a long time and finally got the chance.  I LOVED it!  He’s a new college graduate and can already see his future mapped out for him and doesn’t like the look of it.  He decides to give away everything he owns, donates all of his savings to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to “live off the land.”  The trip is filled with many interesting people and adventures, along with some unforeseen problems, but seems to be exactly what he was looking for!   It may not have the “happiest” of endings, but I think I liked it so much because that’s the type of thing I’ve always dreamed of doing myself and identified with so many of his feelings along the way.  Along with the story, the filming and scenery were breathtaking!  This film is definitely a great way to get away from it all for awhile – or at least imagine it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment