Everything Must Go

I don’t know if I liked this movie or not.  I think I did.  I never quite know what to expect when I start a Will Ferrell movie.  Is it going to be over the top?  Or really stupid?  Or maybe it could be serious – which is more where this one went.  It starts out with him losing his job and just goes downhill for him from there.  When he goes home, all of his belongings are in the front yard, the doors are locked and his wife is gone.  He seems completely blind-sided and really doesn’t know what to do, so he just starts “living” in his yard – almost like he’s just trying to make the best of his situation.  He does find new friends and they are all able to help each other in their lives in different ways.  It definitely wasn’t funny like I was expecting – there were maybe “moments,” but it was never where I laughed out loud or anything.  It sounds like a pretty simple movie, but the more I think about it, there seem to be a lot more “levels” to all of it than I realized when I was watching it.  I’m starting to see that I DID like it.  It’s really making me think – and I do like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment