Apollo 18

I was really looking forward to seeing this movie.  I liked the premise of the secret Apollo mission and what they might have found (or what might have found them!), but after watching it, I was very disappointed.  I thought it was going to be a LOT more exciting and intense than it was.  The whole movie was “found footage” from the secret mission that has been pieced together – almost seemed like they were trying to copy The Blair Witch Project or Cloverfield or one of those types of movies with the camera footage we’re able to watch.  I felt the isolation, but not the intensity!  It wasn’t “scary” to me.  And they took it too far with being afraid of what you can’t see – they didn’t show enough!!!  I couldn’t even tell for most of the movie what I was supposed to be afraid of.  I didn’t connect with ANY of the characters, so I didn’t really care if they lived or died!  It felt like it should have been so much "more" - they could have done a lot more with the story and seemed like they barely even tried.  It was pretty basic, pretty predictable and completely threw common sense out the window for most of it!  I was NOT impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment