We Bought a Zoo

We Bought a Zoo wasn’t what I was expecting – I thought it would have more animals and silly stuff like The Zookeeper but I was pleasantly surprised – it had a story line and heart.  Based on true events, Matt Damon plays Benjamin Mee, who is raising two kids on his own after he lost his wife to cancer. The story itself isn’t sad but it is about the determination of a dad who is doing the best he can, given the hand he was dealt.  We find out that Benjamin is an adventurer and when he comes to a crossroad in his life he decides to buy a zoo.  The movie has a lot of appeal - I enjoyed the characters and the actress who plays his daughter is just a doll!  I would say this is a family movie but with a slight hesitation.  It is a story driven movie and the animals are secondary.  Even though we do see the animals, younger kids may get bored because there’s not enough scenes with the animals to keep their interest and there are a few minor cuss words if you are uncomfortable with your kids hearing any kind of language.  But overall, I really enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment