Joyful Noise

Let’s start out with the positives of this movie.  Great music!  I knew going into this film that I would hear awesome, uplifting music and I wasn’t disappointed!  Dolly Parton and Queen Latifah star in the movie as dueling divas of a church choir but it’s the two young stars of the movie that deliver outstanding vocals!!  That said, the story itself was very clichéd.  A single mom raising kids with attitudes, a grandson that has a checkered past, the two young kids fall in love and there is no love lost between Dolly and Queen Latifah until they realize they must work together to win the national choir competition.  The acting was fair.  I was expecting a “blockbuster” feel to the movie and I came away feeling like I watched a “lackluster” film.  I don’t want to say this is a bad film because I’ve seen worse so if you liked the Sister Act movies and enjoy Christian/Gospel music – you will enjoy this one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment