Rock of Ages

I’ll start by saying I liked this movie – A LOT - it was fun!  I’m not really sure how to describe it, though.  It was kind of like a self-mocking “tribute” to the 80s and many of the bands that helped define the decade.  It was the music I grew up with and listened to in high school – I knew every word to every song in the movie!  It was definitely different hearing others sing the songs I’ve heard at least a million times throughout my life – and I won’t lie - there were times it felt like some extended episode of Glee – but some were fairly decent, some surprisingly good, some not so much.  I wasn’t too sure about Tom Cruise right away, but I think he pulled it off!  And with Russell Brand, I’m never quite sure what I’m going to get and have never been a “huge” fan of his, but I’m liking him more and more and thought he was hilarious in this one!  If you’re looking for a documentary or something that really captures what the 80s music and scene were like, I’d say “this ain’t it” – but if you want something that’s fun and doesn’t take itself too serious – almost to the point of being completely ridiculous at times – you should like this one!  The music took me back to my youth and was a really fun trip down memory lane!!!  It rocked!!!  In a “musical” kind of way…

No comments:

Post a Comment