Rush

I’ve watched this one twice and I’m still not sure what I think of it.  I liked the story, but just never felt a real connection with the movie or the actors.  The film covers the true-life story about a legendary rivalry between racers James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Niki Lauda (Daniel Bruhl) during the golden age of Formula 1 racing.  Maybe it’s because I watch a lot of racing, but it seriously just felt like I was watching actors pretending to be racers in the 70s instead of really getting sucked into the storylines and the movie.  There are some unexpected twists and turns that add to everything, but I can’t see how they can say things like “Ron Howard’s best film ever” or “One of the best movies ever made” and other quotes that I’ve read.  Maybe I was expecting more racing action.  It’s not a bad movie by any means, it just felt like it had all the elements of a good movie, but not all of the pieces fell together quite like they should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment