Thor: The Dark World


I didn’t like this movie as much as I did the first one.  Not to say I didn’t like this movie – because there were parts of it I really did like –then there were parts that were way too long.  The best part, for me, was the banter between Thor, (Chris Hemsworth) and his brother Loki, (played by Tom Hiddleston).  These two actors are really fun to watch, especially Loki’s character.  If you saw the first movie - you know the history of the brothers.  This film brings about the conclusion of that story line.  But on the flip side – knowing it’s a science fiction story line – it was a very science fiction story.  I didn’t care for that part.  The different worlds, the different wars, the different characters – even though I know that is what Thor is about.  I just thought it was over the top and some of the characters and lines just got lost in the telling of it.  I probably will watch Thor 3 – as it was left open (in this huge money making film) for another.  I just hope it isn’t as steeped in the science fiction world and they bring more earth to the noble hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment