Blended

I was surprised by this one.  You never know what you’re going to get with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore – especially when they’re in the same movie.  I’ll admit, I wasn’t expecting much.  After watching the first half, it didn’t seem very good, but if you hang in there for the whole movie, it gets much, much better!  After a horrible first date and deciding they never wanted to see each other again, Jim and Lauren’s families end up together at a resort in Africa.  It almost felt like a “reverse Brady Bunch” – Jim was raising girls that needed a mom in their lives and Lauren had boys that needed a dad in theirs.  No matter how much they all resisted, the kids (and parents) were all benefitting from having each other around.  This movie did have silly, ridiculous parts to it, but it was also touching and emotional in parts, too – more than I ever would have imagined.  I’m glad I watched it!

No comments:

Post a Comment