Tammy

Where do I start with Tammy?  I like Melissa McCarthy alright, but maybe I just don’t always get her comedy?  Or maybe it just wasn’t that funny?  She plays Tammy, a woman that finds out her husband is cheating on her and also gets fired from her job the same day.  She’s had enough and decides to take off and leave town, but having wrecked her car, needs to borrow one from her grandmother, played by Susan Sarandon.  The only way the grandmother will let her take it is if she can go along on the trip.  This should have been a funny road trip type movie, but the “humor” just wasn’t there for me – the grandma was getting drunk all the time, McCarthy’s physical comedy wasn’t funny, and the jokes just fell flat over and over.  The only time I really liked it was when she’d let her guard down and it got a little more serious – which doesn’t seem quite right for a comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment