The Signal

I wanted to like this movie.  And it’s not really that I didn’t like it, but I can’t tell if it was trying too hard or not hard enough.  It starts out with a few friends that have tracked down a signal from a computer hacker and decide to confront him.  After things go bad when they try to locate the person, they find themselves split up and waking up in a sterile, hospital-like facility being told they have been “infected” through an encounter with aliens and are highly contagious.  From then on, it’s all about trying to figure out what actually happened, surviving the ordeal, and trying to escape from the facility – all the while having more and more unexpected things happening to them.  I liked the idea and the premise, but just felt like it was a bunch of scenes thrown together without much connection at times.  I didn’t know what was going on half the time, which was fine, but it was almost too much that way – not enough details to really understand it all until the very, very end.  And I still don’t understand the reasons for a lot of things that were in the movie – which is what they were going for, I guess.  Not horrible, but not great, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment