Our Brand Is Crisis

This movie bombed at the box office!  I’m not sure why I even wanted to watch it – maybe because I like Sandra Bullock and Billy Bob Thornton – or maybe I was just curious.  They both play rival political consultants working for presidential candidates in Bolivia who will stop at nothing to get their candidates elected.  With how shady everyone was, it all reminded me of watching an attorney defending someone everyone knows is guilty.  It also reminded me of our own political system here, too.  Things can be twisted to make them appear however you want them to and there are a million different ways to do it!  Eventually, you can see that she’s starting to wonder what she’s doing and how moral and ethical it all is.  I wasn’t too sure about it early on, but I’d say this film completely had me by the end!  I don’t know when or how exactly, but it did win me over.  Big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment