Collateral Beauty

I don’t really know what to think about this movie.  Will Smith plays a father who is having a hard time dealing with the death of his child.  A VERY hard time!  He has shut down and pretty much stopped living his life.  His company is about to go under and he seems almost unaware.  After going through questioning everything about life, he decides to write letters to Love, Time and Death.  I don’t think he was expecting any answers, but he actually does receive responses and is forced to deal with everything he has been avoiding all along!  I was looking forward to this movie, but it just didn’t “click” for me.  It wasn’t really what I was expecting and felt like it was maybe trying too hard to be artistic or creative in how it handled the issues, but wound up feeling awkward in most scenes.  It definitely was creative and maybe someone who has lost a child would relate more to what he was going through, but I just didn’t feel it with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment