The Mummy


I was really hoping for an action packed mummy film and it turned out to be a jumbled mess of “blech.”  The movie starts out very similar to the other mummy movies, which starred Brendan Fraser.  Tom Cruise plays Nick Morton who is a soldier of fortune who looks for rare artifacts to sell to the highest bidder.  They unearth “the undead mummy,” a creepy crawly corpse who needs to suck the life out of humans so she can regain her human form.  And what does she want? Power of course!!  It follows pretty much the same story line as the other ones except the ones with Brandon Fraiser had a storyline and better acting.  This one went way to the left and the storyline just fell flat and to pieces.  The more I type about how much I disliked this movie – the more I have problems trying to find the right words for it.  So I’ll just stop here and say it wasn’t a very good movie even with a star at the helm of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment