The Greatest Showman

Rated PG
105 Minutes
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson

I have never been as crazy for a movie as I am for this one.  I fell in love with this movie when I saw it in the theater, (3 times and 4 more times since then.)  It’s so much more than a musical – it’s a “feel good” movie that reaches out and grabs your soul and takes you on this wonderful journey.  I know I sound pretty “gushy” about it – but that’s how it makes me feel.  


The multi-talented and star of the film, Hugh Jackman, brings to life the story and inspiration that was P.T. Barnum. The story begins when we meet P.T. Barnum as an impoverished child.  His dream is to make something of himself.  He achieves his dream – only to lose it all.  But in the end he finds out what it means to care for others who look different from you, following your dream, and never taking for granted the love that sees you through all the times in your life.

The talent in this film is above awesome!  Each actor showcased their talents of singing, dancing, and making their characters come alive!  Zac Efron is stunning as a suave play writer.  Zendaya is beautiful as a trapeze artist (who did all her own stunts).  Michelle Williams plays his wife and has a beautiful singing voice as well as Rebecca Ferguson who falls for the dreamer. The rest of the cast also gave dazzling performances as characters in the circus. (I mean, who can resist the bearded lady, the fat man, and the Wolf Boy?)

For all you nay-sayers out there who don’t like musicals – let me say – try this one!  There’s so much here to see – hear – and feel.

Library Link: The Greatest Showman (DVD) 


No comments:

Post a Comment