I Can Only Imagine

Rated PG
1 hour 50 minutes
Starring: J. Michael Finley, Dennis Quaid, Trace Adkins, Cloris Leachman

Many times, when I start watching a movie, I end up trying to do other things at the same time and get distracted enough that I realize I’m not even watching the movie anymore.  With this one, I was all in from the start!  It grabbed me and didn’t let go.  I’m sure most songs have a story behind them, but somehow, this felt like you were almost there for the entire process of why “I Can Only Imagine” was written and the full meaning behind it.  I feel like music is one of the most powerful ways to convey thoughts and emotions, so maybe that was part of it for me, too.  I haven’t listened to MercyMe very much, but I had heard this song.  Like Christy said, it crossed all different kinds of music and was played by all kinds of stations.  This was a very powerful story that I connected with on many different levels and I haven’t heard anyone that hasn’t liked it.  There was determination on Bart’s part, forgiveness in many areas, and ultimately coming to a place of peace and acceptance with everything that had happened in the family member’s lives.  I’ll never be able to hear this song again without thinking of this film.  If you are looking for a “sad” feel-good movie, this is it!

Library Link: I Can Only Imagine (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment