Bohemian Rhapsody

Rated PG-13
2 hours 14 minutes
Starring: Rami Malek, Lucy Boynton

I really liked this movie!  I agree with what Eric had to say about it.  I didn’t know much about Queen or Freddie Mercury other than the music that was played on the radio in the 80s.  I loved the performance that Rami Malek gave as Freddie Mercury.  I really felt like him and the other actors hit the nail on the head as Queen!  People were talking “but that’s not him really singing!!”  Of course not, he’s an ACTOR doing an amazing job and I saw him as Freddie Mercury and I wanted to hear the “real” voice belting out “We are the Champions” or “Bohemian Rhapsody.  I got goosebumps as I watched the group’s most popular performance at Live Aid.  You really felt like you were there and by this time you knew Freddy was dying from AIDS.  This movie may not be for everyone.  But it’s one I’ve already seen three times and will watch again because it was entertaining and told the story behind the success and the pain of the making of Queen.

Library Link: Bohemian Rhapsody (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment