Bad Boys for Life

Rated R
2 hours 4 minutes
Starring: Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Vanessa Hudgens

This is the 3rd in the series and I wish I could say I liked it, but I can’t really give it two thumbs up. I saw the first 2 over the years and they were fun. What made them fun was the banter between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. They absolutely play well off of each other. With the new one - it’s like they forgot to bring the chemistry that made them “Bad Boys.” The movie starts out very violently and really didn’t let up. Yes, there’s always violence in these shows - but it seemed extreme this time. I liked some of the action sequences - but it just didn’t seem to click this time.  The story line focused on Will Smith’s character,  Mike Lowery, whose past comes back to haunt him. Martin Lawrence’s character no longer wants to be a “bad boy” and retires after Mike gets shot. Mike can’t let go of it, and as he unravels the truth, we find out the double life he once led.  I wanted to like it so much more than I did. But it forgot who were the “bad boys” and just made them “old boys.”

Library Link: Bad Boys for Life (DVD)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment