Rabbit Hole

I watched this movie not knowing much about it.  All I’d heard is that it was sad.  And yes, it is.  Very!  The whole movie is centered around a couple who is trying to figure out how to deal with the loss of their little boy who had been run over by a car while trying not to have it destroy their relationship in the process.  What is the “right” thing to do?  Do you talk about it?  Do you pack up his things?  Do you keep a “shrine” in his room that is exactly as he left it that morning and never change anything?  Do you go to counseling?  Do others have the answers?  Do you fight?  Does acting one way or the other mean you loved him more or less?  Do any of these questions even have “right” answers?  The movie also shows how others are affected by such an event and the pain they are feeling and how maybe there are no “right” answers.  Not everything is always going to make sense.  I didn’t enjoy this movie at all.  But, I don’t think I was really supposed to, either...  I thought Nicole Kidman was great as the mother and really made me feel her pain and what she was going through.  So, I would say it was a good movie, but I didn’t like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment