The Walking Dead

I have to tell you, I am not a horror fan! I grew up in the generation of the old TV series Dark Shadows and read all sorts of scary comic books. So sometimes I admit, I want to watch some of the movies that go bump in the night!! This is a TV series that premiered last fall on AMC and after the first episode . . .I was hooked . . .zombies and all!! The premise of the show is about the end of man-kind as we know it. There is a worldwide virus that has turned your next door neighbor and families into corpses of rotting flesh. But then, we have a band of survivors who were not infected and are looking to stay alive in a world that no longer belongs to them. It was the characters themselves that got me hooked!! Right from the start I cared about the main character, the sheriff! I wanted to know what happened to his family and other people who took up the good fight. As the show continued, you get to know the characters, see their pains, their loves, their fears - and in a world that is out of control - they still have to focus on their lives. There are plenty of zombie scenes to fill your thirst for a little bit of the gore factor and the blood is sometimes in your face but they still take a backseat to an amazing plot. Great actors, great zombies, great special effects, and a storyline that will suck you in and leave you breathless till the season starts up again in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment