I Am Number Four

I am not one – most of the time anyway – for a heavy film.  I like to go to the movies to escape the news, the despair, and just life sometimes.  So for me, a light-hearted movie is just my style . . . I am Number Four was just the movie to fit the bill.  The movie itself is from a young adult book – so it might appeal more to the youth but I enjoyed too.  It took awhile to get into the movie but once you got on – it took you for a ride!  Alex Pettyfer, (Beastly), is an alien who is hiding on earth to escape his death.  Three of his friends have been killed by their enemies and he is marked as he is number four and they kill in order.  His protector, played by Timothy Olyphant (Justified and The Perfect Getaway), must save him from his enemies as well as himself sometimes.  They move to a small town to hide and Alex’s character, John, falls in love with Sarah, who is played by Dianna Agron of Glee.  This isn’t the whole story as the plot thickens, death comes to the family, the enemies find where they are hiding, and all “h-e-double toothpicks” breaks loose.  Lots of action, super-hero stunts and just enough of an open ending to think they might make this into a series.  No serious stuff here – just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment