Arthur

OK, I admit it.  I enjoyed this movie.  I didn't want to.  I'm not a huge fan of Russell Brand.  And who could replace Dudley Moore?  I liked the original.  It was a classic.  I always say you shouldn't mess with a classic.  But, I think what I liked about this one was that Russell Brand wasn't trying to "be" Dudley Moore - he was being Russell Brand.  It was definitely over the top in a lot of scenes and totally unrealistic, but it was also fun - and very funny!  And Helen Mirren was great as his nanny, Hobson.  Overall, it was the same story as the original - he's incredibly wealthy, has never really grown up, is drunk most of the time, and finds his true love where you would least expect.  But, it's also updated for current times - the original is 30 years old!  And the story isn't exactly the same, so it's not really like watching a remake.  I actually found myself not even thinking about the original.  I didn't think that would happen!  So, yes, I liked it.  It was funny.  It was witty.  It was silly.  It was a good movie to get away from reality for awhile.  I'm glad I watched it!

No comments:

Post a Comment