Hachi

Here’s another movie that’s been around for awhile, but most people have never heard about when I mention it to them.  I absolutely LOVE this movie!  It’s about an abandoned dog that was taken in by a college professor (Richard Gere), becomes a part of his family and actually becomes a part of “everyone’s” lives without anyone fully realizing how much their lives have become intertwined.  Based on true events, it’s also an incredibly moving story that shows what true loyalty is.  It’s such a simple story, I can’t believe how powerful and touching it is – I cry EVERY time I watch it!  I’m even tearing up right now!  I don’t want to tell everything and have spoilers, because I think it’s even more powerful if you don’t know how the story plays out.  If you like dog movies like Old Yeller and Marley & Me, or have ever had that special bond with a pet, you should really be able to identify with the feelings in this movie.  I think I need a tissue...

No comments:

Post a Comment