Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides

So, here’s ANOTHER “Pirates” movie.  It was fine.  I enjoyed it, I guess.  I don’t know – I just didn’t really feel the same vibe as some of the others.  Johnny Depp is back as the one-of-a-kind Captain Jack Sparrow and Penelope Cruz plays his love interest, Angelica.  Just kind of a “been there, done that” kind of feeling for me.  The adventure this time is looking for the fabled Fountain of Youth and Jack is said to know the location, which makes him very valuable to Blackbeard and everyone else trying to find the fountain.  It really is quite an adventure finding it for everyone.  One thing I do enjoy is Jack’s humor – the one-liners are so deadpan and unexpected sometimes – a lot like my own sense of humor.  I could have used a lot more of that!  I didn’t hate it, but wasn’t blown away, either – and I WAS blown away with the first movie in the series.  Maybe I just wasn’t in the mood this time?  I did like it – just not sure what was missing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment