Water for Elephants

I really liked this movie!  It reminded me a little bit of “The Notebook” the way it was told but I was enthralled by the actors, the setting, and the story.  Set in the depression, a very impressive Robert Pattinson (from the Twilight movies) plays a veterinary student named Jacob who has lost everything.  With no ties to his hometown – he jumps a train to look for work.  The train he jumped on belongs to a traveling circus.  He is offered a job working for the circus and in turn - falls in love with the animals and the star of the show, Marlena, who is the ringmaster’s wife played by Reese Witherspoon.  It is a beautiful story told under the big top with all the trappings of a jealous husband, a couple of lost souls, and one extraordinary elephant named Rosie that brings all their fates together.  I found myself lost in the story as I was transported to a time of long ago.  I would watch this movie again as it mesmerized me from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment