50/50

I’m thinking I liked this one a lot more than Christy did.  I went into it not really knowing what to expect.  Everything says it’s a comedy, but it’s about a young man that has cancer.  I didn’t see how it could be very funny, but I really thought it was in spots.  I also thought it did a great job of making you feel what he was going through with his friends and family, too.  It wasn’t a movie “about” cancer or what he was experiencing with chemo or anything like that – just more what the diagnosis and treatments were doing to HIM and his psyche and his relationships.  The humor didn’t feel out of place at all to me – more like just his friend trying to keep things normal during the whole ordeal and not treat him any different because of the diagnosis.  I think you will get what you want to out of this film – it really can be as powerful as you let it!

No comments:

Post a Comment