Real Steel

I had fun watching this movie!  It’s pretty cheesy, but you have to let that go.  It’s based just a little into the future – the year 2020 – and fighting with remote controlled robots has taken the place of real people fighting.  It didn’t seem that far-fetched to me.  It’s like the old Rock'em Sock'em Robots, but it’s real this time!  I used to watch a lot of boxing and was having “flashbacks” to different fights and movies during this one – like when Mike Tyson was knocked out or when Rocky was fighting Drago in Rocky IV – I had the same feelings all through this movie.  And I know it’s silly and I know they were just robots in the ring, but it seemed like they were like people and had “feelings” and I couldn’t help but root for and against them.  The people controlling them really came through in their robots - it was surely an underdog story and I would definitely say that these robots had heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment