The Hunger Games

I’m not sure how I feel about this movie.  I read this book several times over and really enjoyed it but to see it on film – was a different feeling for me.  I knew what was coming and what was going to happen but yet, it bothered me to see the storyline play out on film.  Set in the future, there has been a breakdown in society and 2 “tributes" from each of the 12 regions must participate in The Hunger Games. A “game” where kids, ages 12-18, are pitted against each other and the only way to win, is to be the last person alive.  It isn’t overly graphic but I do feel it’s intended for 13 years and up.  I really liked the actors and felt they captured the heart and the soul of the story.  I think this is a movie that you can read many different perceptions into but overall – it’s a compelling film.

No comments:

Post a Comment