The Machinist

I had never heard of this movie until a friend recommended it to me – and I am so glad she did!  The Machinist was different, intense at times, unpredictable, and kept me on the edge of my seat for sure.  It’s an older movie where Christian Bale plays an industrial worker who literally has not slept for an entire year and has no idea why he can’t fall asleep.  Strange things start happening and his lack of rest starts catching up with him - after a horrible accident at work, he doesn’t know if people are out to get him, if he’s just paranoid, or if he’s suffering from his lack of sleep and just isn’t thinking straight.  He really begins to question his own sanity and you know eventually, something has to give.  I don’t sleep very much and found myself identifying with his character over and over through the whole movie – not sure if that’s a good thing or not…  I can’t say too much here, because it’s not until the last scenes of the movie that you find out what’s been happening and all of the answers you (and him) have been looking for the entire film!

No comments:

Post a Comment