Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

I can’t stop thinking about this movie…  I liked it a lot!  I’ve watched it twice already and it just came out on DVD last week.  The asteroid is definitely heading towards Earth and there is nothing anyone can do to stop it from destroying all life as we know it.  I think what I liked most about the movie is that it’s not just another action movie – it’s like it goes below the surface of the normal chaos and panic and into the real feelings and emotions of the characters who are reflecting on their lives and looking at what’s left of their future.  Penny and Dodge are about as different as they can be, but they are both needing someone and have that in common.  It seemed to me like the movie was more than just the asteroid – it was about figuring out what – and who – is really important to you before it’s too late.  And they have all kinds of crazy things happen on their adventure, but nothing seems to phase them or stop them from finding what they’ve been looking for all along. I just hope if that time ever comes for me, I will have a friend like Penny and Dodge were able to have and be there for each other.  I really think this one can be as “deep” as you want it to be and allow it to be.  If you let it, this movie will get to you… 

No comments:

Post a Comment