Hope Springs

What can I say about this movie . . .it was icky?  I know – odd word to use but true.  When I saw the previews for this show, I thought it was going to be a comedy about love in your marriage.  What it turned out to be was how to rekindle your sexual intimacy with your partner when your marriage is dry and boring.  Tommy Lee Jones and Meryl Streep play husband and wife of 30 some odd years.  There is no spark of romance and she wants to rekindle what they had, so she drags him to a marriage/sex therapist, (played by Steve Carell), for couples.  From here – it just got weird!  I don’t really care to see either one of them trying to get it on with each other – even if they are husband and wife.  It was like watching your parents do things you never want to see them do!!!  ICK!  There was no chemistry between the actors and both of them were so pathetic that I didn’t care if they ever got back together!  For me – this movie hit the bottom of the barrel and I will never look at Tommy Lee Jones or Meryl Streep the same way again.  EEEWWWW

No comments:

Post a Comment