Django Unchained

I’ve never been that impressed with Quentin Tarantino or his films, but after watching this one, I may have to go back and watch some of his earlier works.  Django Unchained had me hooked from the opening scenes – I wanted to know how everything was going to work out for all of the characters as soon as I heard their stories.  Christoph Waltz plays Dr. King Schultz, a German dentist that has turned bounty hunter who frees Django, a slave played by Jamie Foxx, so he could help pursue his previous owners who are now wanted.  Just that would have been interesting enough for the movie, but after working together for a while and realizing what a good team they make, they set out to find Django’s wife.  She had been lost to the slave trade and is now at a plantation owned by Calvin Candie, who is portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio.  If they’re going to rescue her from “Candie Land,” they must devise a plan to help her escape without getting caught or even killed.  There’s plenty of blood and gore and graphic violence and language throughout, which I would expect from Tarantino, but it never really felt like too much.  I just found myself completely engrossed in the movie and enjoyed it!  A lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment