This is 40

This is 40 should have been called This is 40 Minutes Too Long!  And that’s being kind!!  I couldn’t wait for it to end – and I like all of the actors, I like the story, it just did not work for me.  And there are some big names in it – Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann, Melissa McCarthy, Jason Segal, Megan Fox, John Lithgow, Albert Brooks, etc.  It has some funny moments, but I seriously laughed more in the outtakes during the credits than I did the entire movie!  I mean really – iPad on the toilet might be funny once, maybe twice, but any more than that and it starts getting old.  And just saying the “f” word over and over isn’t funny – or serious – or even necessary – but they do it anyway.  I guess I was hoping for a humorous look at turning 40 and trying to deal with it and keeping everything in the right perspective.  This just felt BORING and stupid and all of the jokes felt completely forced.  Maybe it was too much like real life as some people know it?  I don’t know.  I’m just glad it’s over!

No comments:

Post a Comment