The Bible (2013 mini-series)

The History Channel just presented a 5 week, 10 part mini-series on the Bible on TV.  The married producers, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey wanted something new and fresh that would capture audiences of this generation.  Well, they succeeded - it was the number one rated show on Sunday nights in March. They broke it up into 5 different stories from the Old and New Testaments.  It felt like you were watching a blockbuster movie!  The acting, the sets, the whole “feel” of the mini-series just took my breath away and I was enthralled each night with the stories.  My personal favorites were from the New Testament – the stories of Jesus.  They were very emotional and moving and I felt like the cast did an outstanding job as they presented Jesus’ story from the nativity, through the Last Supper, crucifixion, resurrection, and the days that followed after He descended into Heaven.  On a personal note – I agreed with “most” of the way the stories were told.  They did take some liberties with people, names, and situations as the Bible presented them, but, by and large, I could let it go because it didn’t take away from what the story was.   The whole point of the mini-series was to tell the Bible and I think they accomplished that.  I still found it to be very powerful, well done and I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment