History of the Eagles

First off, I will admit that I am a huge fan of the Eagles, so I might be a little biased.  Saying that, I thought this set was incredible!  I thought I’d already heard everything there was to hear about the group and seen everything there was to see – I was wrong!  This was filled with new footage and interviews, mixed with talks all the way back to the ‘70s along with concert and studio footage from all through the years and discussions with artists they learned from and had helped them get their start.  It was raw.  It was honest.  It was everything you could ever want to know about the Eagles!  And besides how great all of that was, there was also a bonus disc with 8 tracks performed live from a 1977 concert!  I felt like I was taken back in time to see a concert I’d only heard about and had maybe seen “clips” from during the last 35 years!  The original music video for “Hotel California” seems like it had been taken from this concert, but I had never seen the rest, so that might have actually been my favorite part of this set – and that’s saying a lot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment