Mud

I liked this movie, but felt like it could have been much better.  Two boys out boating on the Mississippi River find an island and start exploring.  After looking around, they realize there’s someone living on the island – who they later find out is a fugitive named Mud.  After hearing all of Mud’s tales, they wonder if he really is a bad guy - or if it was just circumstances and love that got all tangled up and caused a bad situation?  Should they help him hide from authorities and the bounty hunters after him or turn him in?  And should they help him reunite with the love of his life, who is partially the reason he’s in this situation?  For a movie with a murderer and people after the guy, it felt REALLY SLOW and LONG!!! I liked it OK, but it just never totally grabbed me.  Overall, it really was a story about love and can be viewed on many different levels, for sure!  I think people can let it affect them as much as they allow or want it to.  So yeah, I liked it, but didn't think it was the greatest movie ever. I think it's one of those movies I'll like more the more I think about it, though......

No comments:

Post a Comment