Mud

When I read the reviews on this movie I was very excited.  They said it was “emotional,” “heart tugging,” a “thriller.”  All I thought about it was how lllooonnngggg and sssllloooowww it was!  I didn’t come away from the movie with the same feelings Eric had for it.  You know how sometimes a movie can suck you in – hook line and sinker?  Well this one just sunk – to the bottom.  I just didn’t buy the storyline.  As Eric told you about the plot, for me, there were too many little stories in the big story.  There’s the story of why Mud was hiding out, the story of why he killed the man, the story of his love for his girlfriend, the story of the boys and the one main character, Ellis and his parents having martial issues and his 14 year old crushes which he thinks is love. Is it a love story? Is it a thriller? Is it a coming of age story?  What it is – is too much.  Maybe it’s me, maybe it’s Matthew, maybe we just don’t have a love affair with each other.  But whatever it is – all I can really say about his movie is “eh” no biggie.  You got me to sit through it – but it doesn’t really matter to me if I see it again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment