Pain & Gain

I actually watched this one twice because I couldn’t believe it was as bad as it seemed – and I did like it better the second time.  This movie is the true story of some “not too bright” bodybuilders that decide they’re tired of their lives and deserve to live the “American dream” – and instead of working hard, getting an education and working their way up the ladder, they decide it would be a lot easier to just kidnap and steal the wealth of somebody who’s already rich!  I know I shouldn’t have expected much when the infomercial wisdom that gets Mark Wahlberg’s character all pumped up to go through with it is “Don’t be a don’t-er, do be a do-er”…  I’m not really sure what to think of this movie.  It was rude, crude, almost obnoxious and makes light of a very serious crime that actually happened.  You almost feel sorry for the very people committing the crime instead of the victims – and that doesn’t seem right!  If you can suspend all belief of what’s right and wrong, aren’t easily offended and just want something that is actually kind of funny at times, you might like it, but I wouldn’t bet on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment