Star Trek Into Darkness

Space – the final frontier- but for a franchise that has hit gold at the box office – I’m sure it won’t be the last sequel for the Star Trek crew.  What I really liked about this movie was the actors (who were in the first movie), and how they have grasped the original characters mannerisms, but yet has breathed new life into their roles.  You can see James Kirk in Chris Pine – you can see Mr. Spock in Zachary Quinto but they have transformed the original feel of the characters into new people for a new generation of fans.  I thought this movie was a lot of fun!  It was long in the story but it was filled with lots of Star Trek “feel”.  There is a throwback to this movie as the villain is one you might remember from the original television series – Khan!  I loved some of the classic lines that were given and the twist at the end where I held my breath thinking – they wouldn’t do that!  Running at 2 hours in length – it keeps your attention with all the action and an intriguing story line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment