Baywatch

I wasn’t expecting to like this one very much.  It definitely wasn’t a “classic” by any means, but I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would.  I never watched the original TV series, so I have nothing to base this one on.  The lifeguards being “more than lifeguards” is pretty far-fetched, but I thought Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron played well off each other and some of their one-liners were actually pretty funny.  It was silly, but in a good, “making fun of itself” kind of way.  I could have definitely done without the multiple “anatomy” jokes and the things they thought they needed to show – over and over – for no reason at all.  Otherwise, it’s Baywatch – super hot lifeguards training new people, saving lives, and fighting crime all at the same time!  It’s like being a lifeguard is just a cover for keeping watch over everything happening on the beach that includes way more than just rescuing people from drowning.  Yes, it’s cheesy and campy, but if that’s all you’re looking for, I didn’t think it was “that” bad.  I’m more in the D+/C- range, I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment