Bohemian Rhapsody

Rated PG-13
2 hours 14 minutes
Starring: Rami Malek, Lucy Boynton

Some of my earliest memories of listening to music are hearing songs by Queen, so I was excited to see this movie!  I won't lie, I was a little skeptical of anyone playing Freddie Mercury and didn't know if they could really pull it off and make a decent movie, but Rami Malek was amazing! He BECAME Freddie Mercury!  His talk, his walk, his mannerisms, etc.  I remember watching the original Live Aid and can't believe how well they were able to recreate that concert, along with the rest of the actors playing their parts all being spot on.  I actually saw this one in the theater and found myself (and everyone else there) singing along to the songs over and over.  I also didn't know much of what was going on at the time of the original concert or about Freddie's history, but feel like I understand more of what he'd gone through during his life and how incredible it was they were able to play the way they did in that show.  I've seen many, many live concerts and that set in the Live Aid show is still one of the best performances ever!  This movie was much more than just a concert film, though - it took you behind the scenes of Freddie growing up, Queen forming, and all of their highs and lows through the years leading up to that iconic performance.  The critics didn't love this one, but the public sure did!  And I did, too!!!

Library Link: Bohemian Rhapsody (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment