Tully

Rated R
1 hour 35 minutes
Starring: Charlize Theron, Mackenzie Davis, Ron Livingston

I’m still not really sure what I thought of this movie.  Charlize Theron plays a woman who has two kids, including one with special needs that requires a LOT of attention and patience, and is pregnant with another child.  When she is almost at her wits’ end after having her third child and trying to keep up, her brother talks her into hiring a “night nanny” named Tully.  She is VERY reluctant at first, but eventually gets comfortable with Tully and everything starts coming together and working for everyone.  It felt real to me.  Like an actual mom trying to deal with everything.  There was quite a twist at the end I didn’t really care for, but the more I think about it, the more I’m OK with it.  I probably don’t need to see it again, but overall, I’d say I liked this one.

Library Link: Tully (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment