Aquaman

Rated PG-13
2 hours 23 minutes
Starring: Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Patrick Wilson

Growing up, Aquaman was one of my favorite superhero characters.  This is definitely NOT the Aquaman I grew up with!  He’s better!  He’s actually tough and has a sense of humor and seems like a good guy to have around in a bad situation.  Jason Momoa plays the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, but not everyone is happy about this because his mother is the queen of Atlantis and his father is from the land.  Eventually, he realizes he is the “chosen one” and tries to prevent the ultimate war between the worlds of the ocean and the land.  I wasn’t too sure about some of the cheesy lines and dialogue early on, but that wound up being one of the things I liked about the movie.  I’ve seen it twice and liked it much more the second time.  I think Aquaman is going to continue being one of my favorite superheroes! 

Library Link: Aquaman (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment