Green Book

Rated PG-13
2 hours 10 minutes
Starring: Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali

To say I was captivated by this movie doesn’t even begin to capture how I felt watching this film!  I can see why it won the Academy Award for Best Picture this year.  The story follows an African-American classical pianist that is going on tour through the Deep South in 1962.  It was a very dangerous time for him to be doing this, so he hires an Italian-American bouncer to drive him and be there to handle any situations that might arise.  Their journey lasts 2 months and winds up being very eye-opening for both of them, to say the least.  The movie was based on a true story and said they remained friends for the rest of their lives until they died within months of each other in 2013.  This was another one of those movies that I can’t stop thinking about and I’m sure will be with me for a long time.  I truly enjoyed it!

Library Link: Green Book (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment