Holmes & Watson

Rated PG-13
1 hour 30 minutes
Starring: Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly

I saw the previews for this movie and thought it looked absolutely horrible!!!  I’m still not quite sure why I watched it, but I’m glad I did!  It’s dumb.  It’s ridiculous.  It’s just one stupid thing after another!  It only has 3.7 stars on IMDB.com and won some Razzie Awards this year.  Even with all that, I still liked it.  I liked it a lot!  Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly team up to play Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson solving mysteries.  It’s a total parody of Sherlock movies and is full of hilarious satire and mocking everything about them along with current day issues, too.  I’d say it’s what I like to call “smart” dumb humor.  Maybe I had low expectations going in, but that’s still better than being let down by something that’s “supposed” to be really good.  I still can’t believe I liked it so much.  It was just a goofy, fun movie!

Library Link: Holmes & Watson (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment