Apollo 11

Rated G
1 hour 33 minutes
Starring: Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins

This was incredible!  I can’t say enough about how much I enjoyed this documentary.  I was transfixed the entire time watching the Apollo 11 Mission from getting ready to launch to setting foot on the moon for the first time to their return to Earth.  The entire film is made up of newly discovered 65mm footage and sound from more than 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio recordings.  I had never seen or heard any of this and it felt like I was “there” experiencing the launch and moon landing right along with the people in the film.  The quality of the video was also amazing for the time it was recorded.  I liked that the footage was all played without anyone narrating and no interviews or anything – you were just watching things exactly as they happened.  It was intense and exciting and just really captured everything you would want in a film like this!

Library Link: Apollo 11 (DVD)


No comments:

Post a Comment