Zombieland: Double Tap

Rated R
1 hour 39 minutes
Starring: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone

I absolutely LOVED the original Zombieland, so I was excited to see a sequel being released.  Maybe my hopes were too high.  Maybe it’s impossible to capture that “magic” again.  Maybe they should just leave classic movies alone and not ruin them with unnecessary sequels!  I’m sure there will be people that will like it, but after watching the original movie again, it made me realize how bad this one actually was.  The main storyline has new types of zombies – the Homers, which are dumb zombies, the Hawkings that are clever and learn, the Ninjas that are quick and stealthy, and the T-800s, that are like “Terminators” that they are named after – strong, fast, and almost impossible to kill.  There were funny lines and new characters, but the actual movie just wasn’t that good.  There was more gore, language and just more over the top, ridiculous things happening that didn’t seem that funny – more stupid than anything.  I didn’t hate it, but I was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment