127 Hours

When I’ve mentioned this movie to people, most have no idea what it is – but as soon as they start hearing the story, they realize they do know and remember the events from when they actually happened.  It’s hard to tell from the title, but this movie tells the true story of Aron Ralston, the mountain climber whose hand was pinned to a wall by a small boulder deep in a crevice in the mountains near Moab, Utah.  He was all alone and pretty much in the “middle of nowhere.”  Even knowing the story already and having read his book, this film completely engrossed me – from start to finish!  There were times where I was squirming in my seat as I could tell he was resorting to desperate measures to free himself.  I don’t normally get “that” into movies, but found myself holding my breath without even realizing it during the most intense scenes and letting out a huge sigh of relief once he was finished.  I really felt like this movie captured the feelings and emotions he must have gone through during his 127 hour ordeal.  His story is one that is very intriguing, but not one anyone would wish to actually go through!  Watching this made me feel like I did “experience” it as much as possible and it definitely felt real!!!  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment